ATTENTION ALL CHRISTIANBLOGSITE USERSWe have Bad News and some GOOD NEWS for each of you. Especially for those who are currently still blogging with CBS.
1. We are shutting down CBS as it currently exists effective Oct 31, 2015.
2. That means your blogs and all articles will be deleted and gone forever.
3. The only way you will be able to keep your blog articles is if you copy and paste them to a new blogging service (ours or another one). Yes, this will be extremely time consuming. I wish we had another solution but we do not have an exporting feature. The manufacturer of the software we use has stopped tech support service for years now.
This is some really good news in the spite of the bad news.
1. We have decided to continue offering a blog service at no charge. It will be on a donation basis (which means 99.9% will not donate.)
It may have some adds on the footer (Christian-themed ads)
2. Our multi-user blogging software will be WordPress MU. It is one of the best, if not the best, blogging services available. Loaded with features. We will be adding around 50 features to it.
3. The good news is that is that the posting of articles will be much faster.
4. The good news is that we can turn commenting on again and have minimal problems with spamming.
5. The good news is you will be able to have people subscribe to your blog, interface your blog with twitter, facebook, google, etc. People will be able easily post your blog article into their facebook account.
6. The good news is if you desire, we will be able to take your blog URL and redirect it to the new blogging server so that if you have links to your blog anywhere the links will still be good.
(Your new blog will have a different URL so you can use the new URL or the old one.)
So in other words, if your blog URL currently is http://myusername.christianblogsites.com/blog it can be redirected to www.christianblogsites.org/blogs/myusername at no cost to you.
We will also be offering a very inexpensive option to have your own domain unique domain name that redirects to your blog site. i.e.
You could have a domain name of www.mypersonaldomainname.com that redirects to www.christianblogsites.org/blogs/myusername.
7. The good news is you will have about 20-25 days to copy and paste any of your old blog articles to your new blog.
(Note: I am estimating it will take you around 10 minutes to copy paste each article you have. I know time consuming.)
8. We hope to install and beta test the software in a few days and within a week you will be able to create a new blog.
9. All new blogs will need to honor our current policies and guidelines. They must be blogs with a Christian theme.
10. If you want to use the new blogging service let me know your username and blog name. We will get a default page setup for you. We have opened up comments on this post for you to neter your info and ask any questions.
(This only applies to current blog users. New users will need to go through the new registration process once the new blog site is up.)
Richard D. Dover
P.S. I am a full-time Senior Pastor of a small church, the Executive Director of a clean & sober house, the radio host of a Radio Show, work part-time as a tent maker, and married. I do all that and have offered this blog service for free for 10 years. So that explains why we have not improved this blogging service for some time.
ATTENTION ALL CHRISTIANBLOGSITE USERS
Keep your eyes open for an email from CBS Administrator Richard Dover
Make sure your email program does not block any emails from the domain christianblogsites.com.
A very important email is going to be coming to you by Tuesday evening.
It is hard to believe that CBS has been in existence for 10 years. We started this blog service when blogging just started. At the time we had a state-of-the-art blogging software. Needless to say the technology has past us up. There are multitudes of new blogging features (we started before there was such a thing as Facebook).
We have offered this service for free (suppose to be $5 a year, but only a coule people ever pay) even though I personally pay $100 a month to keep this service going.
It is time for us to either shut down CBS or change it over to the latest blogging service there is with over50 features so that the blog site integrate with Facebook, Twitter, able to have comments without spam, add videos easily, etc.
1. Just shut down the service. We only have a few active users. So I can just shut down CBS completely.
If I do this then users will lose all of their postings. They will need to start a new blog with another service.
If I shut down CBS, it will be effective Nov 1.
This would allow you time to copy and paste each of your blog articles to another blogging service if you do not want to lose your posts. Other blogging services will not import blog articles from our blogging software. (I know it could take weeks to copy all your articles. I am personally going to be doing this.)
2. We will install WordPress MultiSite with approximately 50 plug-ins. This new blogging site would be a full-featured site that will integrate with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and have all kinds of wonderful plug-ins.
If we do this, you would still need to copy and paste all your articles into the blogging site.
If we do this there will be rotating ads or other ads on the footer of your blog site. This will still be a Christian themed service so the ads will not be offensive.
The email I will be sending you will be asking you if you are interested in Option 2.
Again be sure to make sure you can get emails from the domain christianblogsites.com
Richard D. Dover
P.S. I am a full-time Senior Pastor of a small church, the Executive Director of a clean & sober house, the radio host of a Radio Show, work part-time as a tent maker, and married. I do all that and have offered this blog service for free for 10 years. Plus the blog softwre provider has stopped providing upgrades to the software for years. So that explains why we have not improved this blogging service for some time.
We are happy to announce that we were finally able to purge from the database many outdated blogs. We will slowly be working on more. The good news is after we were able to purge outdated blogs, we were able to get the purge script to work to purge any comments that were marked as spam.
Doing all of the above should make posting articles work much faster. It will even much faster when I delete even more blogs that are inactive.
Hopefully we can stay on top of this so that we can be at a place to recommend turning on comments again without having to deal with tons of unmoderated spam.
The solution is for the blog poster to change the date or time of their post, then the post usually shows up fine. it is best to not post at the times listed unless in Eastern Time Zone.
It's Okay to Say Merry Christma Buttons.
Be politically incorrect and wear "It's Okay to Say Merry Christmas" Buttons and at same time help support ChristianBlogSites.com to continue hosting this blog site and also help Fairhaven House/There is Hope to help those struggling with addictions.
To learn more and to order go to www.tihr.org.
What is the status of ChristianBlogSites?
We are still in existence. However, the last week has been very challenging. I, the founder and owner of ChristianBlogSites, had my laptop stolen. It was a $1,2,00 laptop with $2,000 of software on it. At the time it was stolen it was open so the thief had acess to everything on the laptop. Thankfully I realized it was stolen within the hour so I was able to prevent access to all my bank accounts, web info, etc. However, it was much work to protect everything. Plus I had limited email access for my various emaila accounts.
In the process the off-site server that hosts ChristianBlogSites was crashing plus I had changed all passwords to my websites, etc. So I had to work through all the glitches. Plus continue being a Senior Pastor of a church, Executive Director of a clean & sober housing & discipleship program, radio host for a radio show, and be a husband. So needless to say the last 10 days have been very challenging.
Anyways, sorry for CBS being out of commission for a few days. It is back and running, with a few challenges. So, if a page does not load, we are aware of it and working out any other bugs. Please be patient with us. Remember this is a a free service ($5 a year, which 90% do not ever pay for years). A service that costs me personally around $100 a month and I receive around $5 a month to cover this cost.
Richard D. Dover
CBS Founder and Owner
1. Don't enable comments on your blog site-Go to Control Centre, choose Blog Settings, and make 'Enable Comments' is not checked.
2. Don't enable comments on certain posts-Go to the lower right column of any post and make sure 'Enable Comments' is not checked.
3. If you allow comments make sure you have Moderation turned on. That prevents any comments on your post are not made public unless you approve them-Go to Control Centre, Anti-Spam Management, and 'Moderate".
4. If you are going to allow comments but do not want to receive email notification (thus stopping all the notifications from spam comments) uncheck 'Notification of new comments'-Go to a post and on the lower right is 'Notification of new comments', uncheck it.